We are looking for a
Cost Accounting Specialist
To be assigned in BSA Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Cost Accounting Officer is responsible for overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the organization. They review services and goods, record data, and make recommendations about cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options.
Responsibilities:1. COST EXPENDITURES MANAGEMENT
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Performing account reconciliations
- Assist in month-end closing activities by ensuring that costs are recorded in the correct period and charged to the appropriate cost centers.
- Validate inventory variances during physical inventory counts, assign costs, and records inventory adjustments in NetSuite.
- Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
- Managing the company’s balance sheet and accounting books
- Assist in product costing for pricing purposes and financial analysis.
- Identifies areas for improvement and provides recommendations in enhancing cost accounting processes, including the tracking of costs and internal controls in NetSuite.
- Assist in developing standard costs and perform monthly variance analysis between actual production costs and standard costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit.
- Graduate of BS Accountancy or any business-related course
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least three (3) years of related experience in Cost Accounting Management